Friday, February 26, 2010

TheBalm Shady Lady swatches

I am SO EXCITED FOR THE WEEKEND. I always am looking forward to 2 free days after 6 straight days of work. *happy relieved sigh*

***

Now down to business!

I bought the following Shady Lady eyeshadows listed below (at least I thought I did! I forgot that I didn't purchase Jealous Jordana - #$%^@!)***see below for update***

TheBalm shadow review

Here are the following shadow swatches on my fingertips - it just took some light pressure to get these pigment-rich shades to show up! (No primer)

TheBalm Shady Lady

Shady Lady Swatches

Thebalm Shady Lady 2

*Update* - Bought it. *guilty eyes* :( + Risque Renee (navy blue sheen)

TheBalm Shady Lady Swatches 3


If you are a MAC lover, you will notice that Curvy Cami is a lot like MAC Trax, and Kinky Katie might be a bit like "Brule." You might not want to purchase them if you have dupes already!

I haven't played around with them too much yet (that is for tomorrow's lunch date!) BUT from all the reviews and from just feeling the shadows themselves -- they are super smooth and velvety/silky to the touch. The powder easily deposits onto fingertips/brushes and apparently, blends like a dream!

The shadows alone aren't cheap - $16 a pop at Sephora, slightly cheaper in Department stores. If you aren't near a Dillard's, the palettes (in volume 1 or 2) are a good investment - although you get less than a full size pan, the convenience of having everything in one place is nice!

Will post pictures EOTD tomorrow + Blush swatches review ^_^

***

Much for beautyrush101 (her site is very inspired!!!), Joanna, Debbie (love the FOTDs!) & Prince Charming! (Who btw, has very cute & candy-colored nails!)

9 comments:

Susie said...

6 days straight of work? I don't know how you did that! Crazy, hahaha.

I really like the color Sexy Stacey! Super pretty (:

lovelyviolet5 said...

Lovely colours!!Soo pretty!!!

Serena said...

I really like Sexy Stacey and Shameless Shana. Thanks for the swatches. =]

I was wondering.. what is the Make Up For Ever product you purchased in the previous post? I keep rereading your post [maybe I'm blind] but I can't tell what it is.

Katie Ngo said...

Lovin' the colors! I so feel the same way as you. Finally only get weekends off. So lets use our weekends wisely. :)

vanillabeanlatte said...

just blogwalking here! i love the pigmentation on these eyeshadows! how do they last throughout the day??

For The Fierce said...

I usually hate sheer glittery shadows, but those look so pigmented & pretty!

Anita (*swtexcape*) said...

these shadows look very pigmented. i like shameless shana the best but they're all really pretty! thanks for the swatches :) xx

fasha comeback again said...

BEAUTIFUL, I LOVE YOUR BLOG,VISIT MY BLOG AND FOLLOW ME, DON'T FORGET TO JOIN MY BLOG

Blogger said...

QUANTUM BINARY SIGNALS

Get professional trading signals delivered to your cell phone every day.

Start following our trades right now & gain up to 270% a day.