Monday, February 1, 2010

Quickie Review: Sinful Colors Nail Polish in Social Ladder


Quick review of Sinful Colors (Professional) Nail polish in "Social Ladder." I really didn't expect much from this line...it is sold at Walgreens and possibly other drug stores. The bottles look classy and the prices are surprisingly low. I picked up a few colors at 2/$3 and sometimes they have buy one get one sales which make them only 99 cents! (Cheaper than N.Y.C. & Wet & Wild!)

I tried on Glass Pink first -- but it was too sheer and not very impressive. I have heard that the consistency is so-so and these polishes apparently chip easily without a top coat. However, for some reason, Social Ladder looks AMAZING and requires only 2 coats (or more depending on how opaque you want it to be). I was lazy and didn't apply a base or top coat and my nails still look great after 3 days. (No chips, still shiny, etc.) The color is subtle -- almost pearly, but with shimmer. A very girly, versatile, shimmery nude. It would look great as an alternative french!

If you're looking for a wide selection of fun colors with no commitment, I would highly recommend this line -- you can experiment for cheap (some colors tend to be better quality than other though -- the neon colors for example, look great in the bottle but apparently don't look so great when applied) without the regret of spending $6+ on something that will end up buried in your makeup drawer.

So I've been promising myself that I need to sleep earlier... :) Good night once again!

No comments: